Whether you have clients coming in there or not, it is crucial that your office is a place that feels warm and inviting, and the best way to create this kind of feeling is with the use of colour. Colours can have a huge impact on any space, so make sure you have everything working in your favour and have your office feel warm and inviting, as well as a place where you get a lot done. The following is a short guide to using warm colours to create an inviting office space.
Colours to use
The best colours to use to bring a feeling of warmth into your office are reds, oranges and yellows, as these are the three colours that make up fire. Don’t be afraid to use as many different tones and combinations as possible, as it is usually only through trial and error that you will come across that perfect combination.
How to do it
- Painting — Repainting your office presents a huge opportunity to bring in some warmth, but depending on what line of work you are in, you may want to keep your warm colours to the trim and accents.
- Office furniture — Your office chair, office table, cabinets and so on are all great ways to bring warm colours into your office. You need to have them in there anyway, so they might as well look good. Whether you use cushions, blankets or paint, make sure that your office furniture is sending out the warmest of welcomes.
- Lighting — Simple cellophane filters on your lamp lighting can make your office feel like a far more warm and inviting place, and cost next to nothing. Even if you still use a regular light as normal, with a red light filter it can make your office feel far cosier.
- Flowers — There is no more beautiful way to make your office feel more fresh, warm and inviting than by bringing in a fresh bouquet of flowers. Bringing in colour in this way will allow you to mix up your tones regularly, and your office is sure to become a place that feels far more welcoming and alive.
- Aboriginal art — A few well-placed pieces of art can do wonders for the look and feel of an office, and nothing is as warm and vibrant as Aboriginal art. If you can afford an original piece it makes for a fantastic investment, and the impact on your office will be dramatic and profound.
- Flooring — The flooring of your office is a wonderful place to add a few warmer colour tones, so whether you get new carpet or a new Persian rug, make sure you don’t have a cold-looking floor offering an equally cold welcome. Even just subtle tones of red or orange in the flooring can tie in nicely with your other warm colour effects, so don’t miss this wonderful chance to add a little extra warmth.